Oh! Claude+ speculated that my list of 12 frameworks relates to SELF-ACTUALIZATION
ohhhh. oH. OK. OK. Oh, what a roundabout way to get to this? good grief. Yes of course.
Damn. well, that’s a bunch of folding, coalating and sorting data worth it – and I have receipts. awesome
The domains relate to self-actualization in several ways:
• Philosophy, psychology, and cognitive science explore the higher reaches of human potential and development, including concepts like authenticity, ego transcendence, and metacognition that are relevant to self-actualization. They examine how people can achieve self-fulfillment, happiness, and greater well-being.
• The arts, humanities, and fields like spirituality and religion examine higher states of human consciousness and ways of being, including concepts such as transcendence of the ego, peak experiences, and living in flow. These fields explore the cultivation of qualities central to self-actualization like creativity, wisdom, meaning, and inner peace.
• Health and wellness fields study optimum human functioning and how to achieve greater vitality, longevity, and resilience through positive practices and mindsets. They examine self-actualizing behaviors and lifestyles that lead to greater health and happiness.
• Environmental and sustainability sciences point to self-actualization that involves recognizing our connection to the planet as a whole and fulfilling our potential to live in harmony with the earth. Self-actualization here involves an expanded sense of self that includes the natural world.
• Social sciences examine how cultures, societies, and communities can foster climates conducive to self-actualization. For example, through embracing diversity, cultivating trust and cooperation, providing freedom for self-expression, and enabling purpose and meaning. Self-actualization depends on supportive social environments.
• Education explores how to nurture self-actualizing qualities and talents in students, helping them achieve their full cognitive and emotional potential. Self-actualization is a key aim of “holistic” and “integral” education models.
• Engineering, computer science, and technology study how to build systems and tools that expand human capabilities and potential. While not strictly aimed at self-actualization, some approaches study how technologies could enhance qualities and skills relevant to self-fulfillment, like creativity, learning, and life satisfaction.