Reading about crucial design flaws in the internet and when they were made. For a nerd like me, stuff like this is funny.
The Internet has:
– Botched the protocol design
– Botched the architecture
– Botched the naming and addressing
– When they had an opportunity move in the right direction with application
names, they didn’t. They did DNS.
– When they had an opportunity to move in the right direction with node
addresses, they didn’t. They did IPv6.
– More than Botched Network Management
– Botched the Congestion Control twice
– Once so bad it probably can not be ﬁxed.