I’m not concerned with most people. I know large swaths of folks follow predictable patterns and that hucksters take full advantage.
Comedians do it for laughs, politicians for votes, magicians for an audience, actors for a convincing performance.
But then, you have folks that are a bit ‘different’. To predict their behaviors, you need a different set of rules in the bag of tricks.
And so on to many subsets of behavioral patterns each which require diminishing rates of return as you try to pin them down.
Example: Hypothetical ruleset captures 80% of folks. Leaves you with 20%. But so what? Capture that 80% and you can go home, right?
But let’s say that’s not satisfying. So, you focus on the difficult catches in that 20%. Less broad rules, far more specific. How many out of that 20% can you catch?
And so on down the line.
But to catch the 80%? That’s not hard. Maybe it’s 60% or 40%.