I love distilling categorization schemas repeatedly from different angles, then putting the original list into the simplified framework it ends up with to see what sticks and what falls out, as it should be broadly compatible enough to handle many specifics yet some always have to be clumped differently. This result I like as it’s NOT General BUT SPECIFIC to a long list of categories from me and doing things this way retains some semblance of my way of thinking.
As you’ve listed a wide array of topics from different fields, I’ll attempt to categorize some of them into the structure you’ve proposed earlier. Keep in mind this is just an illustrative exercise and not comprehensive, nor is it perfectly fitting, as many of the items can span multiple categories.
**1.0 Human Understanding**
– Thought (Memory, Introspection, Uncertainty, Anxiety)
– Insight (Habit, Consciousness, Perception)
– Existence (Point of view (philosophy), Reality, Universe)
– Truth (Understanding, Theory)
1.3 Aesthetics (Color, Pleasure, Aesthetics)
– Insular cortex, Hippocampus, Superior temporal gyrus, Temporal lobe, Orbitofrontal cortex, Corpus callosum, Frontal lobe, Occipital lobe, Striatum
**2.0 Abstract Complexity**
2.1 Abstraction (Concept, Symbol)
2.2 Complexity (Literacy, Impulsivity, Intelligence)
2.3 System (Religion, Status quo)
2.4 Language (Communication)
2.5 Theory of Computation (Theory, Self-control)
2.6 Theory (Reproduction, Health, Ambiguity)
– Attention, Word, Atom, Digital photography, Brain, Child development, Epistemology, Philosophy, Hope, Prenatal development, Neurophysiology, Cognition, Cognitive science, Microorganism, Leaf, Quantum, Oscillation, Correlation, Magnetic resonance imaging, Evidence, Speech, Language, Sound, Gestation, Physics, Probability, Map, Thesaurus, Emotion, Geometry, Ontology, Imagination, Insight, Intuition, Evolution, Psychiatry, Monad (functional programming), Algebra, Stress (biology), Neuroimaging, Literal and figurative language, Information retrieval, Reading, Young adult, Truth, Signature, Human, Shopping cart, Reason, Cognitive neuroscience, Chemical substance, Intimate relationship, Meta-analysis, Experience, Trope (literature), Sleep, Bayesian inference, Hallucinogen, Visual perception, Landscape, Human brain
– Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, Hearing loss, Psychosis, Disease, Deafblindness, Hyperfocus, Sensorineural hearing loss, Visual impairment, Obsessive–compulsive disorder, Neurodevelopmental disorder, Savant syndrome, Sluggish cognitive tempo, Autism spectrum, Major depressive disorder, Bipolar disorder, Alcoholism, Alzheimer’s disease, Brain damage, Injury, Preterm birth, Lesion
– Hermogenes of Tarsus, Frans de Waal, Simon Fitzpatrick, Tsakiris, Anton Marty, Aristotle, Isoda, Aaron Berkowitz, Andy, Kennerley, Kenneth Udut, Atkinson, JAMA Psychiatry, Aaron L. Berkowitz, Reddy, Neural-correlates-of-consciousness-Koch-et-al-2016, Rich-club, Rizzolatti, Roberts
Please note, however, that many of these topics are interrelated and can overlap with other categories. They are also nuanced and can be further broken down into more specific subtopics. Additionally, certain topics like people’s names, certain diseases, and some miscellaneous items might not fit perfectly into this schema.