Here are possible single word names that could adequately represent the key focus of each topic based on the provided descriptions:
For Topic 1 on philosophical examinations of mathematical and scientific knowledge:
– Epistemos (Greek for “knowledge”) – Relates to the epistemological focus on ways of knowing, truth and objectivity across disciplines.
– Logos – Derived from the Greek word meaning “reason”, it reflects the exploration of rational foundations and justifications of knowledge.
– Sophia – The ancient Greek concept of wisdom connoting enlightened knowledge and truth, aligns with the ambition for greater understanding of knowledge and ethics.
For Topic 2 on interdisciplinary explorations of complex systems:
– Arche (Greek for “origin” or “beginning”) – Refers to the potential focus on origins of life and complex systems as well as alternative perspectives enabled through synthesis across domains.
– Cosmea – Derived from cosmos, the proposed name signifies the study of complex order, interconnection and systems level dynamics in nature and society.
– Emergo – Based on the Latin root for “emerge”, it expresses the central theme of emergence and self-organization in complex adaptive systems.
Do any of these suggested single word names for each topic adequately represent their conceptual essence based on the information provided? Let me know if you would like alternative or modified suggestions that better capture the key focus of either topic in a single word.