Backing up Youtube to Internet Archive.

After a strike on my #Youtube I decided I’d continue my efforts to mistrust most free content hosts for keeping my data safe.  So, I created an account on c9.io and installed : https://github.com/bibanon/tubeup

to #backup my youtube videos to #InternetArchive

I’m on a Windows machine and they suggested using c9.io for the environment.  While I have other shell accounts (my favorite being http://sdf.org – since most of them are “old school” I figured I’d go with the suggestion.  I wasn’t disappointed.  It works!

Hardest thing was accidentally creating a redundant symbolic link to #python when upgrading it to 3.4 in order to use this thing.  But otherwise, everything went very smoothly and now I can safely backup my cruddy youtube videos to a #safespace just in case I screw up again with #copyright stuff.

[responsivevoice_button voice="US English Male"]

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


+ 7 = thirteen

Leave a Reply